WHAT IS ISO 26000 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 26000 gives guidance, right, on how does businesses, and organizations can be operating in a socially responsible way.
ISO 26000:2010 offers guidelines instead than imposing requirements. Thus, in contrast to several other well-known ISO standards, it cannot be verified. As an alternative! It facilitates the definition of social responsibility. Assists companies and organizations in converting their values into practical actions and disseminates best practices in the field of social responsibility worldwide. Regardless of their activity, size, or location, all business kinds are targeted.
After five years of discussions between many global parties, the ISO 26000 standard was introduced in 2010. Its development involved representatives from consumer rights groups, labor organizations, industry, NGOs, and the government worldwide. This implies that it reflects a global consensus.
ISO 26000 principles:
ISO 26000 sustainability standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that provides guidance on social responsibility the standard outlines seven key principles that organizations can use to integrate social responsibility into their operations these principles are;
- Accountability: Organizations should be accountable for the impact of their decisions, and activities on society, the economy and the environment. This involves transparently communicating and addressing this impacts.
- Transparency: Transparency involves openness and clear communication, Organizations should provide clear and accurate information about their social, environmental, and economic performances, allowing stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Ethical behavior: Organizations are encouraged to behave ethically, demonstrating integrity, fairness and respect for human rights. Ethical behavior extends to interactions with employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities wherein the organization operates.
- Respect for stakeholder interests: Organizations is expected to consider the interests and needs of their stakeholders and strive to meet or, exceed their expectations. This principle emphasises the importance of balancing the interests of different stakeholders.
- Respect for the rule of law: Organizations should operate in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This includes respecting international norms and agreements related to social responsibility
- Respect for international norms of behavior: Organizations are encouraged to respect and support international human rights norms, and standards. This principle emphasises the importance of contributing to the wellbeing of communities beyond national borders.
- Respect for human rights: The organization ensures that it is not complicit in human rights abuses of others, such as forced or slave labor, by business partner's or suppliers.
THE CORE SUBJECTS OF ISO 26000
ISO 26000 identifies seven core subjects that organization should address in order to integrate social responsibility into their practices. These core subjects are considered fundamental areas of focus for achieving social responsibility the seven core subjects are:
- Organizational governance: Decisions are to be made in consideration of the expectations of society. The process of making decisions for a business should take stakeholders, ethics, and accountability into consideration.
- Human rights: Everyone has the right to be treated fairly and to see that prejudice, torture, and exploitation are eradicated.
- Labor practices: Employees are not commodities when they work for the organization. The intention is to stop unfair competition that stems from abuse and exploitation.
- The environment: To ensure that resource consumption per person is effective and sustainable, the organization has to reduce and eliminate unsustainable volumes and patterns of production and consumption.
- Fair operating practices: The building of fair competition systems, the prevention of corruption, the encouragement of fair competition, and the validation of ethical corporate practices aid sustainable social systems.
- Consumer issues:The promotion of fair, sustainable, and equitable economic and social development concerning consumer health, safety and access is the organization’s responsibility.
- Community involvement and development: The organization need to be involved in building social structures that are sustainable and allow for rising levels of wellbeing and education.
ISO 26000 IMPLEMENTATION
The steps for implementing a social responsibility policy following ISO 26000 guidance may vary depends on the strategy and objectives defined by companies.
- Understanding the ISO 26000 standard and framework
- Conduct situational diagnostic/landscape analysis
- Identify the relevant issues
- Identify and engage the stakeholders
- Improvement plans
- Public reporting
- Communicate with transparency about social responsibility
2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
2015 Environmental Management System (EMS).
2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S).
2018 Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
Food Safety Management System.
Food Safety System Certification.
Food Safety System Standard.
Management System Standard Certification.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
2010 – Guidance on Social Responsibility.
2018, Facility Management System.
Anti Bribery Management System
Social Accountability Standard
2007 – Security Management Systems for Supply Chain.
2018 – Energy Management System
2014 – Asset Management System
2018 – Quality Management System for Customer Satisfaction
2010 – QMS for Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries
2009 – QMS for Automotive Industry.
QMS for Aerospace Industry.
2017 – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects
Business Continuity Management System
ISO 38500 Certification
2012 – Inspection Bodies Management System
ISO 17025 – Laboratory Management System
IRCA Lead Auditor Courses
Internal Auditor Courses
ISO Awareness Trainings.
SASO|SABER – Certificate of Conformity.
EQM – Emirates Quality Mark.
Get RoHS-Compliance Of Your Products For The UAE
PRE-SHIPMENT INSPECTION (PSIC) CERTIFICATE