What is ISO 50001:2018 – Energy Management System?
ISO 50001 is the new international energy management system (EnMS) standard. It is the first global EnMS following from a range of national and regional standards such as EN 16001. The ISO 50001 EnMS is based on the management system model that is already understood and implemented by organizations worldwide. Deming’s “Plan-Do-Check-Act” underpins the standard, as is the case with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and other established management system standards.
Energy has become a key metric for companies. Saving energy means saving operational costs. Energy consumption also implies reducing greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrating greater care for natural resources. These are tangible actions for companies looking to enforce and contribute to sustainable development.
Energy intense industries and other sectors can achieve significant improvement in their energy use, optimizing their consumption, and using more renewable energy.
ISO estimates that the standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use.
Who Can Use ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 has been designed for implementation by any organization irrespective of size, sector, or geographical location.
What are the benefits?
- Assist organizations in making better use of energy-consuming assets.
- Facilitate transparency/communication on the management of energy resources.
- Promote energy management best practices.
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritizing the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
- Provide a framework for energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Facilitate energy management improvements for GHG emissions reduction projects.
- Integration with existing organizational management systems.
ISO 50001 benefits with Qdot:
Qdot delivers tangible business benefits through a combination of a structured project management approach and clear communication underpinned with the technical expertise of our global team.
- Costs cut through increased efficiency thereby delivering competitive advantage.
- Energy security risks reduced through improved energy performance.
- Increased stakeholder confidence and employee engagement due to organizational commitment to integrated climate change emissions reduction strategy.
- Productivity compliance improved.
- Policies formalized.
- Ease of integration with existing ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 system standards through LRQA’s PRISM system.
Seamless migration from EN 16001 to ISO 50001
We know that good communication is pivotal in delivering transparency through every step of the ISO 50001 certification process. We work with our clients and governing organizations and set clear expectations on deliverables. Our staged approach ensures your certification is cost-effective with minimal disruption to your organization.
2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
2015 Environmental Management System (EMS).
2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S).
2018 Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
Food Safety Management System.
Food Safety System Certification.
Food Safety System Standard.
Management System Standard Certification.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
2010 – Guidance on Social Responsibility.
2018, Facility Management System.
Anti Bribery Management System Consultancy In UAE.
Social Accountability Standard.
2007 – Security Management Systems for Supply Chain.
2018 – Energy Management System.
2014 – Asset Management System.
2018 – Quality Management System for Customer Satisfaction.
2010 – QMS for Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
2009 – QMS for Automotive Industry.
QMS for Aerospace Industry.
2017 – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects.
Business Continuity Management System Consultancy in UAE.
INDUSTRIAL MEASUREMENTS SYSTEM (IMS) CONSULTANCY.
2012 – Inspection Bodies Management System.
ISO 17025 – Laboratory Management System.
Internal Auditor Training.
IRCA Auditor/Lead Auditor Courses.
ISO Awareness Trainings.
SASO|SABER – Certificate of Conformity.
EQM – Emirates Quality Mark.
Trade mark registration in UAE.