ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
What is ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System (FSMS)?
ISO 22000 is the global food safety management system standard for the whole food supply chain, from growers and producers to processors and packaging, transport and point of sale. It extends to suppliers of non-food products and services, like cleaning and equipment manufacturers, and can be used by organizations of any size.
ISO 22000 specifies the requirements for a food safety management system that involves interactive communication, system management, and prerequisite programmes.
The standard focuses on supply chain assurance, has management system principles embedded, and is aligned with HACCP principles of Codex Alimentarius
Why is ISO 22000 important for your business?
ISO 22000 is recognized throughout the global food chain and certification is a way to become a supplier of choice. ISO 22000 certification publicly demonstrates your commitment to food safety.
ISO 22000 also aligns with other ISO management system standards, making it easy to integrate your food safety management with quality, environmental or health and safety management systems.
In addition, when combined with technical specifications for sector specific prerequisite programmes like ISO/TS 22001-1/ISO 22002-1 and PAS 223, it provides a baseline for FSSC 22000.
- Build stakeholder engagement and brand reputation.
- Preventative and corrective approaches to food safety management.
- Identify, manage and mitigate food safety risks.
- Reduce and eliminate product recalls and litigation.
ISO 22000 with Qdot
Our understanding of this standard allows us to deliver tangible benefits to you through our unique business assurance approach.
It ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to your business. Our consultants are food industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust consultancy of your system. ISO 22000 consultancy with Qdot helps ensure ‘best practice’ with regards to food safety, leading to:
- Competitive advantage: Qdot is a market leader in the provision of food safety assessment, consultancy and training services, and some of the world’s best known organizations choose Qdot for their assessment& consultancy services.
- Continual improvement: Improve communications and processes around food safety throughout the organization, promote best practices and drive improvements across your supply chain.
- New business opportunities:Consultancy from Qdot significantly improves your ability to work with the many organizations where ISO 22000 is a contractual obligation or expectation.