FSSC 22000 - Food Safety System Certification
What is FSSC 22000?
The FSSC 22000 Food Safety System Certification provides a framework for effectively managing your organization’s food safety responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards.
Is ISO 22000 the same as FSSC 22000?
This is because many companies require that their suppliers be certified to a GFSI recognized standard. ISO 22000 is not recognized by GFSI. FSSC 22000 is similar to ISO 22000 in that the FSSC 22000 scheme uses ISO 22000 as the requirements for the management system.
Why is ISO 22000 important for your business?
ISO 22000 is recognized throughout the global food chain and certification is a way to become a supplier of choice. ISO 22000 certification publicly demonstrates your commitment to food safety.
ISO 22000 also aligns with other ISO management system standards, making it easy to integrate your food safety management with quality, environmental or health and safety management systems.
In addition, when combined with technical specifications for sector specific prerequisite programmes like ISO/TS 22001-1/ISO 22002-1 and PAS 223, it provides a baseline for FSSC 22000.
How do I get FSSC 22000 certified?
Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 is an ISO 22000 and PAS 220 based certification scheme for food manufacturers. It includes both the requirements for a Food Safety Management System found in ISO 22000 and the requirements for Prerequisite Programs found in the Publicly Available Standard (PAS) 220
- Build stakeholder engagement and brand reputation.
- Preventative and corrective approaches to food safety management.
- Identify, manage and mitigate food safety risks.
- Reduce and eliminate product recalls and litigation.
ISO 22000 with Qdot
Our understanding of this standard allows us to deliver tangible benefits to you through our unique business assurance approach.
It ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to your business. Our consultants are food industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust consultancy of your system. ISO 22000 consultancy with Qdot helps ensure ‘best practice’ with regards to food safety, leading to:
- Competitive advantage:Qdot is a market leader in the provision of food safety assessment, consultancy and training services, and some of the world’s best known organizations choose Qdot for their assessment& consultancy services.
- Continual improvement: Improve communications and processes around food safety throughout the organization, promote best practices and drive improvements across your supply chain.
- New business opportunities:Consultancy from Qdot significantly improves your ability to work with the many organizations where ISO 22000 is a contractual obligation or expectation.