ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S)
What is ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S)?
ISO 45001 is the international standard for occupational health and safety management system, which was formerly known as OHSAS 18001:2007.
It has been developed in response to the demand of industry for a recognizable health and safety management system standard which can be externally assessed and certified. One of its major strengths is its wide appeal for any organization irrespective of size, sector, or geographical location.
Why is ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S) important for your business?
Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned about achieving and demonstrating sound Occupational Health and Safety performance to their shareholders, employees, clients, and other stakeholders by managing the hazards and improving the beneficial effects of their activities, products, and services.
Increasingly, stringent legislation, the development of economic policies, human resources management, and other measures are used to foster Occupational Health and Safety protection and welfare. The general growth of concern from stakeholders and other interested parties suggests a clear commitment to Occupational Health and Safety is required.
The implementation of an effective health and safety management system helps to drive improvements and streamlines internal processes thereby helping organizations to become more efficient and meet business goals and objectives.
ISO 45001 certification demonstrates to your stakeholders that you’re confident in your organization’s ability to meet health and safety legislation requirements.
- Internationally agreed and recognized practices for health and safety management.
- A model for continual and systematic improvements in health and safety.
- Increased employee engagement and brand reputation through your commitment to implementing, maintaining, and improving a health and safety policy.
- Improve efficiency and consequently reduce accident and production time loss
- Increase control and reduction of hazards through the setting of objectives, targets and evolved responsibility
- Demonstrate your commitment to the protection of staff, property, and plant
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Increase your reputation for safety and occupational health
- Reduce insurance premiums
- Is an integral part of a sustainability strategy
- Encourage more effective internal and external communication
ISO 45001 with Qdot
Qdot’s unique assessment methodology ensures our assessments focus on the areas and issues that are important to company business. Our assessors are industry specialists matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system.
Qdot International provides ISO 45001 certification services as well as a range of health and safety training courses, leading to leading to:
- Improved risk management: The management of health and safety becoming more transparent and effective by translating the outputs of our audits into actions for your organization.
- Compliance with legislation: Provides a means for identifying existing legislation and other relevant requirements helping you stay within the law.
- Stakeholder confidence: Increased credibility from having an H&S management system independently assessed.